Teachers want evidence.
Students want to learn (and have fun).
Martha Madison delivers both!
Created with teachers and students, aligned with standards, and proven to effectively improve student outcomes, the Martha Madison game-based curriculum has had research at its core from the very beginning.
“I liked that you have to use your mind to make it work. It was really fab! I hope to play it again.”
“This didn't feel like school. It is perfect!”
“The game is fun because you need to figure out what to do and test different combinations.”
“This would be a great homework assignment.”
The Martha Madison Complete Collection
Students use lenses and mirrors to explore the principles and properties of light as they search for instructions to help Martha build a microscope.
Students deliver blocks of ice to a community of penguins building homes. As they play, students see how forces act on the ice and their characters in real time.
Students relay storm warning signals by air and water and learn how to create transverse and longitudinal waves.
Students help Martha deliver medicine to her friend and encounter various kinds of energy - kinetic, potential, and chemical - along the way.
Students repair a power generator by solving puzzles using the nature of magnets and magnetic force fields to locate parts.
Students help Martha restore power in a storm-damaged power station by learning about electric currents.
Simple Machines 1
Students overcome obstacles using the inclined plane, wedge, and screw to their mechanical advantage.
Simple Machines 2
Students help Martha's crab friends collect and store coconuts using the lever, pulley, and wheel-and-axle.
Research Informs our Design and Development.
Our findings have demonstrated that game-based curriculum is an effective and exciting approach to science education for middle school students across the board.
Significant increases in content recognition were found after just one 25-minute play session.
95% of student communication during gameplay was focused on science and collaboration.
PLAY IT AGAIN
Students chose to replay levels an average of 5.1 times.
EVERY GAME INCLUDES
- Analytics dashboards to track and leverage educational outcomes in real time
- Instructional materials to easily integrate the game concepts in the classroom
- Lesson plans and worksheets
- Correlations to Common Core, Next Generation Science, and Partnership for 21st Century Learning Standards
EVERY GAME ENCOURAGES
- Open-ended problem solving
- Acquisition of specialist language
- Completion of civic-minded missions
Play our demo of the Martha Madison Forces Module where you can:
- Discover how forces help you deliver blocks of ice to a community of penguins
- Build igloo penguin homes while learning about friction, gravity, applied force, normal force, and buoyancy
Explore how you, your school, or your district can improve student outcomes with Martha Madison. Gain access to the complete world of Martha Madison:
- Game-based STEM Curriculum Modules including: Optics, Waves, Simple Machines, Forces, Magnetism, Electricity, and Energy
- The Lesson Plan and Classroom Resources Library
- The Teacher and Administrator Dashboard which showcases your student improvement data
- Dashboard Integration for your LMS or SIS
- Game Controllers
- Professional Development and other support!