Chemistry Subject Matter Expert & Content Writers
Are you a motivated chemistry subject matter expert?
Are you passionate about improving student outcomes?
Would you like to shape the future of education technology?
If this sounds like you, we invite you to join Second Avenue Learning’s network of Subject Matter Experts!
As a Chemistry Subject Matter Expert with Second Avenue Learning, you will work with our team to create, design, and/or edit chemistry curriculum. Your subject matter expertise, creativity, writing skills, motivation for learning, and passion for education will drive the success of the products we create internally and for our publishing and edtech partners!
- Collaborating with instructional designers, artists, and software engineers to bring your work to life.
- Developing content that meets and exceeds current standards.
- Creating engaging and interactive activities or assessment problems that will keep students engaged and excited in learning.
- Brainstorming new and innovative ideas to improve student outcomes.
- Articulating learning objectives and designing assessment strategies that will align with student success.
- Reviewing and revising existing chemistry content to make sure we build curriculum that is of the highest quality.
- Working with a larger team of your peers to evaluate and review content and ensure the best implementation of the chemistry curriculum.
- Reporting areas of improvement to the Second Avenue Learning Team so that we can improve our and our partners’ products.
- Bachelor's, Master's or Ph.D. degree in Chemistry or related science field
- Experience teaching chemistry at the College or University level preferred. Experience teaching AP chemistry acceptable.
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Strong command of the English language
- A high attention to detail
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong motivation with a desire to improve education
- Experience writing content for online programs or standardized tests a plus
If you are interested and qualified, please use this form to send us a cover letter, your resume, and a writing sample.
<<< Back to all jobs